Sunday, August 28, 2022

Newfoundland and The Last Days of The Cruise


I am sorry.  Like so many times in the past as the cruise comes to end my interested and motivation in writing my blog dwindles.  Also it just feels like with so many sea days I really don't have anything to say or it feels so repetitive and I wonder who really cares that I slept in, that I ate breakfast, blah blah blah.

But I am a blogger and I need to write what has been happening.

For St. John's we really didn't do much.  Originally we were going to go and see friends and spend the day with them.  However they are heading out on an European cruise next week and with a higher risk of getting Covid on board lately I just didn't want to risk exposing them and their trip being derailed.  So we postponed.  







The weather was beautiful and hot!  So many things to do within walking distance of the ship.  Water street (which is one block up from the pier) is closed on Sundays to cars - pedestrian only.  Lots of restaurants, bars, shops have spilled out onto the streets.  Great spot to just people watch.

One thing worth noting.  Make sure you are out on deck for sail in thru the channel, it is spectacular.  At minimum you must be out on deck for sail away.  Because it is a Sunday the Newfoundlanders lined the street and as we pulled away we heard car horns beeping away as our send off.  They locals climbed Signal Hill and were all over the mountain!  Waving!  So special.  In all my sail always from all over the world I don't think I have seen such a wonderful send off.  

The next two sea days were rather quiet.  The weather was great and after 10 days of cold weather and being forced indoors because of it, it was good to see that people were being able to enjoy the outdoors.

We really laid low.  We watched a few movies, we read a lot and I caught up on my sleep.  

No matter how long a trip is, when we know we have to go home soon, we are ready to go home.  I am anxiously awaiting my garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment