Friday, August 19, 2022

Sea Day First of Three



Seas were calm last night.  We slept soundly and when we woke we felt rested and ready for a sea day after two port days.

I do have a lecture today at 1 pm so I do run thru it and get it ready.  

The lecture was very well attended, I would say 75% full and many standing.  It was well received and I had lots of great comments afterwards.   Today's lecture was called "Expulsion of the Acadians from Nova Scotia".  So many were not aware of this history and how closely it tied in with the US.


After the lecture we head up to the buffet for some lunch.  It is definitely cooler as we sail up the western side of Newfoundland.  

I throw on a sweatshirt and sit on the promenade and read for two hours.  

The evening starts with some cocktails and then we aren't really hungry so we walk to Princess theater to attend the early production show "Born to Be Wild" which we haven't seen in ages!  But we went way to late and the theatre is packed!  Even the second show is totally full.  I recommend you arrive at least a half hour prior to the show to get a seat.


No comments:

Post a Comment