Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Day One - Sea Day


Clocks went forward an hour and we are now on Atlantic time.  It appears many guests are thrown off by this.  Many are up and about and surprised by the time.

We dress and head to the dining room.  We sit with 2 other couples (getting a private table for two is almost impossible)  but we are okay with sharing.  One couple from San Diego, the other from Virginia.  

Breakfast was very good.  I started with the fruit plate then a bowl of rice crispies with banana.  Service was very impressive.  The lady next to me wanted very crispy bacon and when he delivered her plate the waiter was concerned as he knew she wanted crispier bacon.  He ended up coming back with even more bacon to see if this bacon was better, without her even asking for it.  That is great service.

It is cooler, but then again we are out on the Atlantic.  But there is a storm coming and I know Nova Scotia is in need of some raing.

I was outside in my blouse and I was ok when out of the wind.  But someone from somewhere very hot would find it cold.  Had to laugh when I heard someone complain about the cold weather.   We are at sea heading to Greenland.  Not sure what they were expecting.

I will take this time to cover the demographics of this cruise.  Definitely older.  A lot of seasoned cruisers.  However there are a handful of kids, but not many.  A lot of people in their 60s and 70s. and and a lot much older, but young at heart.  I think the disco is going to be quiet this cruise.

After breakfast I head to the cruise critic meet and greet, that was very well attended. We had a large group that chatted on the boards and were quite helpful.  Some officers attended, but not like pre Covid.  I stuck around until they started talking about private excursions, then I left.  Note this is a no no!  Sure you can do private excursions but don't do it in a large setting on board where the ship's crew are around.  

I then went to the theater to see Hutch, our Destination Expert on board, in the theater.  Today's talk is 2 ports, Halifax and Sydney.  A lot to cover in 45 minutes.  He was good but our styles are very very different.  


But of course I think mine are better, but then again I need to toot my own horn.

No comments:

Post a Comment