Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Worst Thing About Cruising Is The Pre Cruising Medallion App

Remember a long time ago - well not that long ago, but feels like forever we did all our pre cruise paperwork on line and it was smooth, easy and quick.

Times have changed.  Princess now uses their Medallion App to do all their pre cruise documentation. 

Normally this should be an easy smooth process.  But .....   IT IS NOT.

I am a very techie person.  I enjoy playing around with things and figuring it out.  The app seemed like a great idea.  But even I have wanted to pull my hair out because of it.

And I am not alone.  Every day I read a post, or I get a message about someone having frustrations as well.

Now I know the app has it's own glitches.  But many times it is human error too.  But I can't blame the humans as it is not clear.  Or it won't let you move forward with the Continue button because something is not correct, but it doesn't tell you what is incorrect.  Often it is trial and error.  Oh - the phone number is entered incorrectly (but it doesn't highlight that).  

I had issues when entering my credit card.  It kept saying it was assigned to a different user - well yeah ME.  When I tried to add my partner to the credit card it wouldn't let me either.  Same issues.



In the end I figured out that I had to delete the existing credit card on file and re enter and then add my partner.  But I had to figure that out myself.

A big issue is when you have a booking number but it isn't showing up on the app.  Sure you can add it by looking it up but even then it isn't fluid, easy or user friendly.  

This happened for my next cruise.  I had to manually add the booking.  Okay it is there and I have entered everything, but ironically it shows me as a blue card instead of elite member. Bernie is showing as elite.  On the website it shows my cruise history, my loyalty level and even in the app on my profile it shows elite, but not for this booking.  I will just leave and fix when I get on board if I am not given elite status.  

Other issues I find a real pain.  You have the web version that you still need to use for booking excursion, flights and ordering gifts.  But you can't book dining, or add the necessary info (however you now have a web version instead of using the app for adding necessary info.).

On the app you enter all your information, health information, dining reservations.  But you can't book excursions, order gifts!  

Sure you can phone them but that can be long waits and time consuming.

I so wanted the Medallion App to be great - and I agree once on board it is much better than it use to be.  I enjoy using it on board for ordering drinks, food, booking dining reservations (love this), locating friends and seeing my bill and menus.

Things that are not the best with the App once on board.  Journey view to see activities is not great, the messaging is better but still needs work, and would love to see a favorites for drinks so I can just pull up my favorites and order quickly (kind of like Starbucks).  

So I have to say, Princess if you are reading this blog - know that your cruising product is great, but you sure frustrate us with your pre cruise requirements when it comes to the app.

What are your issues with the pre cruise requirements with the Medallion App?


No comments:

Post a Comment