Wednesday, March 23, 2022

On Our Way

We took off from home around 10 am, no big rush.  Today's route is only 6 hours.  We decided if we are going to do this trip we weren't going to push it.  

Roads were great!  And so quiet.  

We stopped near Amherst for a late lunch.  A salad for me and a big bowl of soup for Bernie. 

With mask mandates recently being dropped it is nice to see things going back to a new normal.  We still wear ours when we can't socially distance and also we are going on a cruise, so need to stay healthy.


We booked a hotel for tonight at the Best Western.  Great location.  Lots of places around, food, coffee, stores and easy access in and out.  Bonus is free breakfast and parking.

Was happy as when we checked in the upgraded us to a suite.  Now I use the word suite loosely.  It is a large room which has a separate living room and extra tv.  Bathroom has sink and bath separate, so a great room for families.

We just recently got a new phone so I was busy insuring all necessary apps were there as many did not get moved over.  We knew we would need certain apps on the trip.  Especially the booking sites, loyalty hotels, and Starbucks.  Hey priorities.  

When we get into Maine we will stop and buy a Sim card phone package.  We have heard great things about Mint.  For $45 US we can get 3 months with enough data and unlimited calling and texting.  Thru my cell provider it is $60 Canadian for 30 days of limited data and calling and texting.  So for the same price I won't have to worry about data.  I will let you know how it goes.

For tonight we are a little hungry but don't want to eat anything heavy.  We pick up a foot long veggie sub from Subway and share it.  It meets our needs.

With both of us getting little sleep the night prior we both are fast asleep at 10.  

Tomorrow we are planning on 6 hours of driving and stops along the way.  This trip is also about the journey.  Not that we are doing touristy things but we also want to enjoy.  

I will try and blog when I can.  Issue is  I am doing it on the tablet so I won't have as many pics, but I promise to add more when we return home.

Also apologize ahead of time, typing is tough via the tablet, I will proofread and correct once back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment