Friday, March 25, 2022

Washington! First Time Here! Loved It.




Today we really wanted to enjoy some sites.  Walk around and not drive as much.

So after getting up around 730 we showered and enjoyed a lovely breakfast at the hotel.  But I have to say it was crowded, self serve, and only a handful wore masks or even sanitized their hands.  For the sole reason that I am going on a cruise soon, I am overly cautious.  So I wore my mask, I sanitized after getting food too.


A lot if cruisers were spending the night here before their cruise.  RCL sails out if here to the Bahamas.  Was nice just to see cruisers.

We were on the road just before 9 and into traffic, especially around Washington.  We parked the car - $25 for parking!  But it was secure and close to the sites.


It is a lovely day.  Many cherry blossoms are in bloom.

It is busy but not crazy like at peak times.

I have never been here, nor has Bernie.  It was so cool to walk and see the memorials and to see these iconic places we have only seen in the movies and on TV.

Have to say it was sad to see how barricaded the White House is now.  Totally understandable, but still sad.  So my picture is from as close as I can possible get.  

Oh and the President didn't invite us in, probably doesn't trust us crazy Canucks (working with the British) since we burned down the white house in the war of 1812.

After about 3 hours we were back in the car heading south.  Oh and lots of traffic.  One thing we can rely on is if google maps says how long if will take, it is always longer.

We are staying at this amazing hotel.  Virginia Crossing Hotel and Conference Centre.  So stunning and very comfortable.


No comments:

Post a Comment