Monday, March 7, 2022

Covid Testing Via Zoom for Canadians for Travel



I have been so envious of my American friends as they have been able to order and do Covid tests via facetime for a while.

As a Canadian it just was not an option.  Sure I tried.  But they don't ship the test kits to Canada.  

Then I thought ok I will get it shipped to our hotel and do it there.  When I go to pay and enter my credit card information they don't accept credit cards from outside the United States. I have to enter a state and zip code and of course the address I put in there has to match my credit card billing address for security reasons.

For my upcoming trip I was looking into options for a test prior to boarding ship and also for entering back into Canada.  

We now only need a rapid Antigen test to cross the border; however it has to be one day prior.  Also we are driving home so trying to book something along the route was proving to be difficult - not impossible, but difficult.

I then found Acculab.  A Canadian company that does Covid Testing for travel. You can order tests from them and they will ship to you, or you can use your own existing tests that may of been handed out from the government. 

Here in Nova Scotia they handed out tests in packs of five and we both have them.  You do have to ensure the brand of tests you have is in the list of approved tests - which ours are.

If they aren't you have time to order some and have them shipped to you.  Test kits are only $15 Canadian each.  

If you have the tests you can just book an appointment for a zoom test.  A single test is $39 but for two people it is $73 and again in Canadian prices.

I have now set up our testing for March 28 (2 days prior to sailing) and have paid for it.  

Here is the link to Acculab here.  

This is a great option for Canadians travelling or for those who are sailing out of Canada and are arriving a few days early.  

  


No comments:

Post a Comment