Saturday, March 14, 2020

The Cookie Has Crumbled


Well today started out good.  We slept in, did some wash and then went out for a hike and wander around.  

When we returned home there was a message from my agency saying the cruise was cancelled.

Because I am a guest entertainer I had to contact my agency who put me through to Celebrity's booking people.

We managed to get flights out on Monday morning with 25 hours of travel to Sydney Nova Scotia.  

Not impressed with airlines that were jacking up the prices when the demand rose for flights for tomorrow and Monday.

Since our Airbnb is over tomorrow we booked a hotel at the airport for the night.

This has cost a lot of money - since Bernie's flights are not covered.  So we lost the cost of the flight from San Diego home, and had to pay for the flight from Santiago home for him.  They will at least reimburse my costs.

As much as we are struggling I know there are so many that have it much worse than us.  We will muddle through.

I am worried about the industry and all those that are affected because of this.  Cities that are getting cancellations, tours, hotels, restaurants, transportation, and so much more.  Will they survive.  I know of many who have had their hours at work cut back.  Even some that have been laid off.  

But this does have us reconsidering our summer plans.  We will wait to see.

Thanks for all the support you all are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment