Thursday, August 23, 2018

Sea Day


After a lovely breakfast we are relaxing in the International Cafe.

So much going on today.

The Patter is packed!  You really can not get bored on this ship.

I start with the Speedy Sudoku challenge which was not as busy today as the first sailing but a good number, maybe 15.  Did not win this time but it was fun.   Winners won a Princess Water Bottle.

Bernie tried to sign up for the Planetarium event for tomorrow but by the time he got there it was full and they were only taking wait list names.  He did not put his name down as it was a long list on the wait list.  So sorry we won't be able to report on this new event.

Bernie tried out the trivia at 11 am and it was very busy he said.  I stopped in to the outlet sail but there was nothing that I was really interested in but there were numerous people buying some very good deals.  Always worth checking out I think.

We sat in Crooners for the longest time chatting with this lovely couple from Florida.  So nice to meet fellow like-minded cruisers.

For lunch we head to the dining room - first time in here this voyage.  I start with the white bean soup and then have the grilled chicken salad.  Both were very good.  

The dining room looks quiet.  Not surprised as many are up on the pool deck getting sun.  Also there is the Pub Lunch being offered in the Crown Grill today.

I run into some friends and since they are staying on for another sailing I get them to come to the cabin and give them most of what is left of our mini bar.  We don't need it and I am sure they will enjoy it.

At 2:15 I attend the Detourist program's event and it was well attended.  Biggest group I have seen.  Kelly and Jase did a great job and I learned some new things about composing stories and hope to use some of these tips in my blog posts.

Bernie wants to go watch the latest Pirates of the Caribbean Movie in the cabin so I head out to explore. 

Have to say I love this tv on demand.  Even after three weeks there are still movies and shows we want to watch.  Lots of options for all different types of interests.  Not to mention with the great wifi we have been able to download Netflix shows to watch off line later.

I meet up with Juan and Victor and we head into the wine tasting.  The $9.50 one is being held and this is the one that Elite passengers get for free.  It is something I rarely do anymore but since I am alone and the guys are going I tag along.  

We are sat at a table for three and well we have a lot of fun.  


Just check out the pictures they took!  Note I am sober this is just how I act.

Bernie attending the afternoon tea in the dining room and he really enjoyed it.  However he did find a rather annoying passenger who was quite rude.  She kept raising her voice to get the wait staff's attention.  They when they were not fast enough she place her empty cup in the air.  She did this twice.  Most around her just stared (including the crew) not believing how obnoxious people can be.

Tonight is the Captain Circle Party.  This cruise there are two parties and we have invites for the second party at 7:30.

It is formal night and we are opting to dress smart casual only.  Sadly they have the party on a formal night and state dress is formal but we don't have formal attire.  Don't think it is fair to omit people just because they don't want to dress up.  But I know we will not be the only ones not dressed formally.  

Plus after the party we are meeting up with friends to have a fun dinner together that will be casual.

We also got our luggage tags today.  Sad.  We are yellow 6 which is independent travel arrangements with later flights.  Meeting time in our disembarkation lounge is 9:45. We are not in a rush to get off as our flight is not until 13:40.  

Thanks for following.


No comments:

Post a Comment