Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Day at Sea and Dinner at Sabatinis - Ocean Medallion Update


I really don't have a lot to say today -- ha ha -- famous last words watch this be a long blog!

After enjoying a very yummy breakfast we both head back to the cabin and well that is where we stayed.

Sometimes I feel guilty about doing nothing but I quickly get over it.  

Just sitting in bed and looking out at the ocean can occupy me for a half hour!

I do some work online (love the wifi) for our new home - buying things, research on some projects we have to do.

Bernie reads.  We watch a movie.  We order room service - heck why break the routine with having to go out for something to eat.  

Tonight is formal night and we have a reservation at Sabatinis at 7:30.

While getting ready I enjoy some champagne, and chocolate covered strawberries.  Now can I possible dream a better moment - nope.  Talk about coming back new!

The Atrium is very busy when I head out.  I find Bernie and the guys (Juan and Victor) who we met this sailing and we have mutual friends and happy to call them friends now too.


What a handsome bunch we are!

We arrive at Sabatinis and we are sat at a great table.

Here is the new menu. 

After starting with some more champagne - as you do when you are cruising. I want to try different things from our last visit.  Read about our last meal at Sabatinis here

You choose one item from each course.

I start with the Piemontesi which is roasted bell peppers, capers, anchovies (but I opt for no anchovies), green garlic basil vinaigrette.   So very good.



my pasta course is the Pappardelle with braised beef cheek. So tender and flavorful.



this is Bernie's entree of Breaded Veal Vallet with marjoram roasted potatoes and artichokes. He loved it, especially the potatoes.



I had the Polenta Soffice with mushroom, fresh mozzarella and truffle essence.  Oh my it was so damn good.  I want some now!  



dessert is the sampler which I highly recommend


As we walk past Explorers they are holding the Yes/No Game show.  Kelly and Mica is hosting. Check out the new displays.  So nice!


After dinner we are back in Vines.  A friend Peter (who we haven't seen in five years) shows up and we end up catching up with him for a long time.  So nice to see him again.




They are renovating on board the aft area on Lido deck at the photo department and then also at the aft Lido doors where there use to be a long couch.  They are changing this area for Ocean Medallion.  Terminals will we put in here and product displays.  




No comments:

Post a Comment