Sunday, August 16, 2020

Tuesday August 4


Well let me start out by saying.

Happy Birthday to me!  55 years old today.  Wow I am old.  I don't feel old, well not right now, but there are times I do.  I wake at 5 am!  I must be excited!  

I have always loved birthdays, not only mine but everyone's birthday too.  It is a special day, "your day"!

Of course the first thing I see is a beautiful card from Bernie beside my bed.  He is so romantic.  Since he is still sleeping I quietly slip out of bed and head outside with my camera.  




The sun is just rising.  Isn't it stunning.

I grab a sweater.  Crazy how that early morning breeze has a chill, but it is suppose to get to 30 today so I won't need this sweater for long.

As I type up my blog, staring out at the Bay of Fundy (oh I can see New Brunswick now) I feel something biting me.  Damn black flies.  This is the first time since we got here that we have experienced them.  Thought maybe we were clear of them, but I guess they are enjoying the cooler breeze too and they are certainly enjoying me.  Thankfully we brought bug spray, or bug dope as the people here in Nova Scotia call it.  

I am feeling so great!  

When Bernie wakes around 8 am I am ready to crash.  I guess with only five hours sleep I was ready to go back to bed.  I actually slept until 11 am and woke up rested for the first time in a few days.



Bernie had to run out to get something and I settled in and read and enjoyed a hot coffee.  I could not bring my espresso maker, but the next best thing was our French Press.  Damn that thing makes good coffee.  I was going to make toast, but the fresh bread that I made at home (been making my own bread for awhile now) had mold on it.  Not surprising since it was in the car all day yesterday and when we stopped it sat in the hot car.  Then the place was very warm yesterday a total breading ground for mold.  So that went in the garbage.  So I had crackers and cheese and a piece of fruit.

When Bernie arrived back he was delivering a cake!  Yes the one thing I always want, well two things.  Every birthday all I really want is to do something special with Bernie and to have a birthday cake.  Bernie drove to Kingston about 15 minutes away and picked up a cake from Marie and Guy's Bakery.  

So since we still had coffee we enjoyed a piece of birthday cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment