Thursday, October 17, 2024

Final Tasks Before Leaving


Lists, lists, lists.  It is what keeps things in order.  List to do before we leave and a list for the day we leave.

We are down to the wire.  Today I went thru my clothes.  I personally like to try most items on.  Does it fit?  Does it need repair?  Does it go with at least two other items?  Is it necessary?  

I often lay out my dress pants and then check blouses that goes with them.  I do the same with shorts and shirts.

In the end for 4 months away I bring (note if I was a guest and not lecturing it would a third less).

- 2 dress pants and 7 blouses (this is the outfit I wear for lectures).
- 3 summer dresses
- 3 pj's
- 3 pairs of shorts
- 3 pairs of light everyday pants
- 1 cardigan
- 2 shawls
- 2 pairs of high heels, 2 flip flops, 2 flats
- 1 formal dress (some of my other items can work on dressy night if necessary).
- gloves and mitts for tip of South America 
- one Christmas sweater
- 1 Halloween costume
- pair of runners
- 7 t shirts 
- undergarments 
- 3 bathing suits and one cover up

That is it for clothes.   

We both got the flu shot and the most recent covid shot, which just became available here on Friday.

Hair cut, pedicure, manicure done too.

The house is ready.  We have guests staying next week so it is ready for them.  Otherwise our neighbours are checking the house regularly.  

Garden has been put to bed for another year.  It was a great growing season.  

All my lectures are backed up.  Paperwork to assist guests are in the folders.  

We are both excited for this contract.  Especially the itineraries,  to learn more about where we are going click here.  

We leave for the airport hotel As our flight is crazy early.  Staying at the Quality Choice Hotel, which our friends Monika and Neil highly recommend. 



No comments:

Post a Comment