Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Fun Night in Fort Lauderdale

After a restful afternoon we both showered.  A nice hot, long shower felt great after travelling on a plane all day.

It was up to Bernie to choose the restaurant and he chose Carlos and Pepe's which is right near us on 17th Street.  


The food is great, service amazing.  But one thing I find interesting is most restaurants have tv's in them. Seems everyone needs a distraction from the people you are eating with.  This room where we are eating isn't huge but there are 9 tvs!  But people seem to like them, I am not a fan, but then again I am not a sports fan.  But if they put the Bachelorette on one I would be happy!  


Oh and the margaritas are so yummy.

We both comment again how weird all of this is.  On one hand it feels so natural to be back in Florida getting ready to cruise.  On the other hand it feels sort of odd, like we are doing something our parents told us not too.  One good thing is people really are happy to see travellers again and we feel very welcomed.  So cheers to that.

Someone commented on my blog yesterday saying "sorry you don't feel safe in florida".  I ask this person to go back and reread the blog, as I never said that.  I feel safe, sort of is what I said.  If you have ever had a surgery say on a shoulder, and it is in a sling for a few weeks.  Initially you feel very cautious about going out in public.  You overly protect the shoulder.  You feel safer at home where you can protect that shoulder.  But as your recovery continues you feel less and less nervous in surroundings you can't control.  Hmmm does that explain how I feel any better? 

We walked over to Total Wine to buy 2 bottles of wine to take on.  Here is a map from the restaurant to Total Wine.  

And as we walked thru the parking lot Bernie could see the top of a cruise ship and immediately said "it is a Princess ship". 

So after shopping we started walking up 17th Street to the bridge.  

Sure enough it is the beautiful Majestic Princess.  We stared at her in awe.  

Back at the hotel we asked for a later check out and they agreed to 1130.  Helps a little.

Tonight we need to sleep after two nights of minimal rest, tonight will make up for it.  And it did.

When I open my eyes at 740 am, I am like "where am I".  Oh yeah!  Fort Lauderdale!

One great thing about this hotel is it has laundry service.  Celebrity does not have self serve laundry facilities, but they do have laundry you can get washed for a fee.  Since we usually pack minimally we have 2 days worth of clothes needing cleaning.  Bernie is the laundry guy in this relationship.  $2 for wash and $2 for dryer.  

Oh and he went and got me a latte.  So lovely.

One thing worth noting is we have a deal in this relationship.  I do all the bookings, research, organizing, and of course all the work preparing the presentations, so Bernie takes care of all the little, although some are big things, to make our lives run smoothly.  


No comments:

Post a Comment