Friday, June 29, 2018

Day 46 - Finally Home Feeling a Little Odd



What an odd feeling.  Today is the last day of our cross country journey.  It does not take us long to get going and we are on the road by 8:15.

We plug in the coordinates into the GPS and we start heading east.  Both of us are quiet and feeling very odd.  After a half hour of total quiet in the car I put on a song from my phone.

Let It Be by the Beatles.  


When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me

Speaking words of wisdom, let it be

And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be1

Let it be, let it be
Let it be, let it be
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be

And when the broken-hearted people
Living in the world agree
There will be an answer, let it be
For though they may be parted
There is still a chance that they will see
There will be an answer, let it be



As we are driving and listening we start to chat and we know that things will be okay.  This feels right. Scary but right.  We will let it be.

The next sight is a M-O Truck.  I know that means nothing to you but Maritime Ontario is the company we used to ship our stuff to Nova Scotia.  While we travelled we kept an eye out for one of their trucks but we never saw one.  Bernie thought that was quite odd.  Well guess what, today on our last day we see one of their trucks.  




Then right away we pull behind a SUV and it has British Columbia plates. This is probably one of maybe five cars we have seen from home.  

I take it as a sign we are heading in the right direction.





So we arrive into Nova Scotia and we are so excited!



We stop and have lunch in Antigonish and we are no very close to the island.

Here we are crossing the causeway to Cape Breton.  Guess it is a good thing Bernie did not make me get out and kiss the ground.


We know we are home as we pass the iconic (to us at least) Lick-a-chick restaurant, yup that is the name.  Right next store is the Lick-a-treat restaurant.  





We are welcomed by Charlie as soon as we arrive.  A few minutes later Paul (both Bernie's brothers) arrives and he has our boxes.  So nice to see them here.

The night is full of setteling, seeing family and reflecting.

Sydney Mines, NS



Of course one of the first things I unpack is my espresso machine and first thing in the morning I am making my latte.







No comments:

Post a Comment